The Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation's Appomattox Field Office is investigating the discovery of human remains in the Town of Amherst.
At approximately 4 p.m. Wednesday (Oct. 6, 2021), a survey crew discovered human remains in a wooded area within the 100 block of Loch Lane, police say. The remains were found at the top of a ravine approximately 40 yards from the nearest building.
The remains were transported to the Office of the Medical Examiner in Roanoke for positive identification, autopsy and examination. The investigation remains ongoing at this time.
- State police investigate discovery of human remains in Amherst
- School board responds to numerous citizens' concerns
- Campbell County schools compete in Lynchburg Classic Marching Band Competition
- Foster Fuels expands in Campbell County
- Campbell County Animal Control to host drive-thru rabies clinic in Brookneal Saturday
- Man wanted for possession of controlled substances, receiving stolen property
- One dead after Rustburg structure fire
- Police seek convicted sex offender
- Racing at VIR: the real deal
- Why is Route 29 called Wards Road?
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.