LYNCHBURG, Va. – Liberty remains unbeaten in its last four contests as the Lady Flames and UNC Wilmington tied, 0-0, Thursday night at Osborne Stadium. Liberty is now 4-3-1 on the season while UNCW is now 4-1-1 this season.
Liberty and UNC Wilmington went back-and-forth all night, exchanging possession trying to score the game-winning goal but neither team was able to break through. Liberty came close to taking the 1-0 lead in the first and second half. In the first half Liberty’s Meredith King hit the post in the fifth minute of the game. Fast forward to the second half in the 86th minute Maddy Oliver would also hit the post, keeping the score at 0-0. Liberty’s Randi Palacios was exceptional in goal all night for the Lady Flames, coming up with six saves throughout the night.
Key Stats & Notes
- Randi Palacios recorded her fourth straight shutout this season and 14th of her career.
- Palacios recorded six saves.
- Chloe Marr recorded a game-high three shots.
- Liberty outshot UNC Wilmington 10-9.
- Liberty committed 15 fouls while UNCW recorded 13.
- Seven different Liberty players attempted a shot.
Liberty will continue its five-game homestand when the Lady Flames host UNCG on Sunday, Sept. 19. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. at Osborne Stadium and can be seen on ESPN+.