Virginia State Police Trooper D. Spencer is investigating a two-vehicle crash in Charlotte County. According to Virginia State Police (VSP), the crash occurred Sept. 6, 2021 at 4:22 p.m. on Route 40, less than a mile east of Route 618.
A 1995 Ford Mustang was traveling west on Route 40 when it crossed the centerline as it came through a curve. Police say the Mustang entered the eastbound lane and struck a tractor-trailer head-on. The tractor-trailer ran off the westbound side of the highway and struck the guardrail. The Mustang ran off the eastbound side of the highway.
The driver of the Mustang, Shann A. Hannock, 40, of Nathalie, Va., died at the scene. He was not wearing a safety belt. According to VSP the driver of the tractor-trailer, Richard R. Stephenson, 25, of Charlotte Courthouse, Va., was not injured in the crash. He was wearing a safety belt. The crash remains under investigation.
- Lynchburg Beer, Wine & Cider Festival goes off without a hitch
- Police investigate fatal Campbell County crash
- Crews extinguish fire in Timberlake area
- Ida Doss Compton dies, leaves legacy of giving
- Avoca to host annual summer festival Saturday
- AVFC aims high with gun raffle
- South Boston museum to host bottle collectors fair
- Altavista, Brookville bands compete in Salem
- Sheriff's office seeks help locating individuals in connection with recent larcenies
- Woman injured after assailant shot into her vehicle
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.